About the Africa Policy Leaders Forum
The 2023 GSMA Africa Policy Leaders Forum brought together over 500 attendees from 59 delegations representing 41 countries and 18 intergovernmental organisations. The agenda saw high level speakers debating relevant topics such as handset affordability, the investment gap and bridging the digital divide, through insightful keynotes and stimulating panel discussions.
Click on the link below to read the key takeaways from the 2023 discussions.
The Africa Policy Leaders Forum will be back at MWC Kigali in 2024.
Follow @GSMAPolicy and #PLF23 for updates.
The Policy Leaders Forum is an invitation-only event. See attendance criteria below.
- National ministries including telecommunications, digital agenda, finance, gender and health
- Telecommunications regulatory authorities, data protection authorities, identity authorities and central banks
- Senior leadership from selected city governments
- Senior representatives from selected international organisations and intergovernmental bodies
- C-level and senior regulatory representatives from the mobile industry
Invitations to ministers, heads of regulatory authorities and senior representatives from inter-governmental bodies from across the region will be sent in the spring.
The GSMA Policy work in Africa
The GSMA SSA policy team actively engages with policymakers and regulators to advance policy discourse, contribute to market research and convey the perspectives of the mobile industry across the range of issues that surround the digital economy and society.
The team of four leading the work in various markets within Sub Saharan Africa comprises of: Caroline Mbugua, HSC (East Africa), Kamal Tamawa (Southern Africa), Alain Betu (Central Africa), and Seyni Malan Fati (West Africa).